Last Updated: July 1, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS
- OPERATING GLOBALLY & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- CONTACT US
Thank you for using Help’n’Trade! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information worldwide. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Help’n’Trade.
Europe is a collective term for one or multiple countries where we currently offer our services. Help’n’Trade is currently accessible in: Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany, Slovakia and Finland.
Tradee is a registered user which creates and therefore requests an event in which he/she announces a need for goods or services. In exchange for fulfilling the requested event the Tradee offers a reward in a form of money or other goods and services, which are legal according to the local law and Help’n’Trade policies. The list of illicit as disclosed by Help’n’Trade can be viewed here: List of illicit activities.
Helper is a registered user which shows interest to an event requested by the Tradee and accepts one of the offered rewards by the Tradee or requests a custom reward which can be money, goods or services, which are legal according to the local law and Help’n’Trade policies. The list of illicit as disclosed by Help’n’Trade can be viewed here: List of illicit activities.
1.2 Data Controller
As our services are currently accessible only within European Union, the Data Controller is HelpNTrade GmbH located in Switzerland.
1.3 Applicability to Payments
Please see the Contact Us section below for contact details of the Data Controllers and Payments Data Controllers.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Help’n’Trade Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Help’n’Trade Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Help’n’Trade Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address and a profile picture. These are provided by the Identity providers Google LLC and Facebook Inc.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Help’n’Trade Platform (such as creating an event or answering to an event), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address or your billing address, phone number, and event pictures.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Help’n’Trade Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Help’n’Trade Payments).
- Communications with Help’n’Trade and other Members. When you communicate with Help’n’Trade or use the Help’n’Trade Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Help’n’Trade Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Help’n’Trade profile (such as preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Help’n’Trade Platform, like inviting them to use Help’n’Trade.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Help’n’Trade Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through Review process), or use other features of the Help’n’Trade Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. The Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Help’n’Trade Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Help’n’Trade Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Help’n’Trade Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Help’n’Trade Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices/internet browsers allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s/internet browser´s settings menu. As we currently do not have an “app”, but are using internet browser, Help’n’Trade is collecting geo-location information when you are not on the Help’n’Trade website.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Help’n’Trade Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for events, events you have created, reviews you have received or given and other actions on the Help’n’Trade Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Help’n’Trade Platform, even if you have not created an Help’n’Trade Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Help’n’Trade Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the page through which you landed on the Help’n’Trade Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. Help’n’Trade Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the Help’n’Trade Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Help’n’Trade Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Help’n’Trade may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Help’n’Trade Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Help’n’Trade Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Help’n’Trade Account with a third party service (e.g. Google or Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your Help’n’Trade public profile page with your consent. To learn more, see our Help Center article about References.
- Background Information. Help’n’Trade does not obtain local version of police or registered sex offender checks. However, our business partner responsible for payment processing may do so to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required according to the legal requirements of a chosen payment method. Our business partners may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Help’n’Trade, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Help’n’Trade Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, using a subject: “children´s data”.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Help’n’Trade Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Help’n’Trade Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Help’n’Trade Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Help’n’Trade Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Help’n’Trade Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Help’n’Trade Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Help’n’Trade Platform and experience, personalize and customize your experience (such as making events suggestions, ranking search results), and facilitate claims with Help’n’Trade Dispute Center and similar Help’n’Trade services.
We conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Help’n’Trade Platform, your search and event history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Help’n’Trade Platform.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Help’n’Trade Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We may use the personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your billing address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Help’n’Trade Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Help’n’Trade Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Help’n’Trade Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Help’n’Trade Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Help’n’Trade Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Help’n’Trade or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Help’n’Trade or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Help’n’Trade Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and event history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Help’n’Trade Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an Help’n’Trade Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities (for example, when you share your story, we may use the information provided to reach out to you to invite you to relevant events).
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected. We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
3.5 Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Help’n’Trade. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Help’n’Trade sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your Help’n’Trade Account.
- You can always update your notification settings within your Help’n’Trade Account by visiting the Notifications section of your Help’n’Trade Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations or fraud alerts.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Help’n’Trade Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Help’n’Trade partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may through your interaction use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Help’n’Trade Platform (for example when you decide to share your event via unspecific media we may provide the social media platform with your e-mail address for you to log in/register). These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Help’n’Trade. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask Help’n’Trade to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
4.2 Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate events or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Tradee submit an event request, certain information about you is shared with the potential Helpers, including your profile, first-name, your Reviews, your events history, your short personal description and other information you agree to share. When your event is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number and the precise address of the event.
- When you as a Helper show interest to an event, certain information is shared with the Tradee and any other registered Helpers viewing the event details, including what do you accept as a reward for fulfilling the requested event, your profile incl. first-name, your Reviews, your events history, your short personal description and other information you agree to share. When your participation is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to the Tradee (owner of the requested event) only to assist with coordinating the trip, specifically your phone number.
- When you as a Tradee create an event, you authorize the potential Helpers and other Tradees on the platform to:
- access your information, including but not limited to certain information like your first-name, event pictures, event description, incl. your personal description of the events circumstances, details like timeframe of the event, the approximate address of the requested event (the specific address is shared only with a confirmed Helper of your choice) and what do you offer in exchange for fulfilling your requested event.
- share the event information with their network of friends, family, followers and similar.
- When you as a Tradee create an event, you authorize Help’n’Trade to inform the Helper when we receive the funds to be paid-out once both Helper and you confirm delivery of the requested event
We don’t share your billing and pay-out information with other Members.
- When you as a Helper or Tradee invite your network of friends, family, followers or similar. to an event via social media, event details such as event title, description and the approximate address will be shared with them. This may result in collecting the event information incl. your personal information by the social media service provider and any user of such media who is eligible to see the shared information (such as friends, family, followers and potentially their network). This information collected via social media varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information or information you decide to share via social media service provider should be directed to such provider.
The social media platforms with which you or other Help’n’Trade registered users may share your requested event information, reference the requested event information or interact with a referenced requested event are not controlled or supervised by Help’n’Trade. Therefore, any questions regarding how the social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
4.3 Profiles, events, and other Public Information.
The Help’n’Trade Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your review score and your description, are publicly visible to others.
- Requested events are publicly visible and include information such as the events approximate location (neighborhood and city), event title, events time frame (start date and time, end date and time), what is offered for fulfilling the requested event, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like number of Helpers interested) and any additional information you choose to share via event description.
- After completing a booking, Tradee and Helper may write Reviews and rate each other. Ratings (but not Reviews) are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Help’n’Trade Platform (such as listing the event on the Landing page for promotional purposes).
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Help’n’Trade Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Help’n’Trade Platform we may display parts of the Help’n’Trade Platform (e.g., your requested event page) on sites operated by Help’n’Trade’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Help’n’Trade Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
4.4 Additional Services by Tradees and Helpers.
Hosts may need to use third party services available outside of Help’n’Trade Platform to assist with managing for example their schedule, providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services etc. Tradees and Helpers may use features outside of Help’n’Trade Platform to share information about you (like meeting time, telephone number, your name, address of the requested event, etc.) with such third party service providers for various purposes like time management, providing other services etc. Helpers and Tradees are responsible for third party service providers they use and ensuring those service providers process your information securely and in compliance with applicable law including data privacy and data protection laws.
4.5 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Help’n’Trade and Help’n’Trade Payments may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Help’n’Trade, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Help’n’Trade, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Help’n’Trade Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Help’n’Trade’s property, its Members and the Help’n’Trade Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.6 Service Providers.
Help’n’Trade and Help’n’Trade Payments uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Help’n’Trade Platform and the Payment Services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Currently all our service providers are based in Europe.
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Help’n’Trade Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims (such as claims under the Help’n’Trade Dispute centre). These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to protect the personal information and only use the personal information in accordance with our instructions.
Help’n’Trade and the Help’n’Trade Payments will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
4.7 Corporate Affiliates.
To enable or support us in providing the Help’n’Trade Platform and the Payment Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership or control.
- Sharing with Help’n’Trade Payments. In order to facilitate payments on or through the Help’n’Trade Platform, certain information as described above in “Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services” section above, may be shared with the relevant Help’n’Trade Payments entity. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
We share your information, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates in order to support and integrate, promote, and to improve the Help’n’Trade Platform and our affiliates’ services.
4.8 Government Registration.
In jurisdictions where Help’n’Trade facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of user´s with a local governmental authority through the Help’n’Trade Platform in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating users with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter, such as the users full name and contact details, billing address, tax identification number, requested events details, and additional information required by the relevant authority.
4.9 Business Transfers.
4.10 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Help’n’Trade Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Help’n’Trade’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5.2 Linking Third Party Accounts.
You may link your Help’n’Trade Account with your account at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Help’n’Trade Account profile;
- your activities on the Help’n’Trade Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Help’n’Trade Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your Help’n’Trade public profile;
- other Help’n’Trade users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Help’n’Trade users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Help’n’Trade through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Help’n’Trade Platform and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
5.3 Third Party Partners & Integrations
The Help’n’Trade Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Help’n’Trade doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Help’n’Trade, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Help’n’Trade Data Controller and Payments Data Controller by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Help’n’Trade Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Help’n’Trade Account).
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. In certain jurisdictions, you can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely.” Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Help’n’Trade Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Help’n’Trade Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Help’n’Trade Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Help’n’Trade and Help’n’Trade Payments may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Help’n’Trade Platform, even after your Help’n’Trade Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Help’n’Trade Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Help’n’Trade specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Help’n’Trade override your own.
6.6 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Help’n’Trade and Help’n’Trade Payments not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Help’n’Trade and/or Help’n’Trade Payments will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Help’n’Trade to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
6.7 Lodging Complaints.
You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities. Please send your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. OPERATING GLOBALLY & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7.1 Other Means to Ensure an Adequate Level of Data Protection.
If Help’n’Trade is the Data Controller and your information is shared with corporate affiliates or third party service providers outside the EEA, we have (prior to sharing your information with such corporate affiliate or third party service provider) established the necessary means to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This may be an adequacy decision of the European Commission confirming an adequate level of data protection in the respective non-EEA country or an agreement on the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission). We will provide further information on the means to ensure an adequate level of data protection on request.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Help’n’Trade Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Help’n’Trade Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
10. CONTACT US