Opening a webshop under 5 minutes with Help’n’Trade is a question of 3 simple steps:
- Sign up as a business
- Confirm your e-mail and follow 3 screens with basic information about your offering
- Voilà (yes, its actually just 2 steps 😊)!
And now a more explicit description for those who enjoy reading
Step 1: Signing up as a business
Nothing special here, just enter the usual information needed to create an online account these days. Here is what will be asked from you to provide:
- First name
- Last name
- Business name -> What name should be displayed to the public?
- Country -> of your current residence
- Your tel. number -> will be visible only to your customers who order your products or services
- Password -> please choose a unique, hard to breach password
Hit “sign up” when ready.
Step 2: Confirm your e-mail and follow 3 onboarding screens about your webshop
When you hit “Sign Up” you will receive an e-mail to confirm your e-mail address. Your account on Help’n’Trade is not created as long as you do not confirm your e-mail address, so please do so right away. The e-mail usually arrives in less than a minute, but depending on your e-mail provider, it may take longer or even arrive in a spam folder or “promotions” folder on google. Therefore, please check your folders, open our welcoming e-mail and click the button in the e-mail to confirm your e-mail address.
Once you hit the confirm e-mail button, you’ll be redirected back to Help’n’Trade and directly logged in, so you can continue setting up your web shop.
In the next setup you’ll be asked to provide the following information
- Name of your local webshop -> what name will be displayed to the public, think about how will people search for your offering. For example “Susan’s jewelry” is less likely to be discovered than “home made jewelry in Basel”.
- Select whether you are offering services or goods.
- List your products or services -> according to your choice above you may need to set the initial price of your products.
- Define keywords that will help your consumers find your webshop on Help’n’Trade -> start typing and select keywords which suit you or create a totally new keyword for your business.
- Select languages you speak -> so your consumers have an easier time communicating with you.
- Hit “Continue” when ready.
You’ll be taken to the 2nd set up screen:
- Type a street where your business is located -> If you provide for example homemade products you may select an address from where your products will be shipped, or if you provide digital services, you may write in an address of a co-working space you are using or similar.
- A) If you provide services hit “Continue” to enter the next page.
- B) If you provide goods, you can input additional information about the logistics such as: whether your customers can pick their product personally on a given day and address or whether you are able to ship your products (at what price, do you provide the option of free shipping?).
- Hit “Continue” when ready.
You’ll be taken to the 3rd set up screen:
- In the 3rd screen you can upload the logo of your company in a square (1:1) format as a JPEG or PNG.
- Or you can skip this step for now and upload the logo later.
- Hit “Continue “ to finish setting up your basic profile on Help’n’Trade.
Step 3: Basic setup is now done and you can either continue with verification of your business now, or do it later.
After you hit Continue in the 3rd setup screen your webshop is ready for use (overall it should take you less than 5 minutes to set it up). You can either continue with onboarding providing additional information, or you may go right to your webshop on Help’n’Trade to improve it even more.
We hope you enjoyed our guide and you see for yourself that opening a webshop with Help’n’Trade is uncomplicated, fast and requires no special skills. We’ll be happy if you give it a try and tell us if you like it, what we can improve and more.